GERSTEL Cooled Injection System
The GERSTEL Cooled Injection Systems (CIS) are the most frequently used universal (PTV) inlets in the world. With unsurpassed heating and cooling options, patented septumless sampling head and electronic pressure control, gas chromatographic analysis is now more versatile, reproducible and has lower detection limits than ever before.
The GERSTEL CIS has two main functions:
- As an universal inlet for all injection techniques: split, splitless, on-column and large-volume injection up to 1000 uL.
- A cryotrap when used with sample introduction techniques such as thermal desorption, headspace, stir bar sorptive extraction SBSE (Twister).
There are three different versions of the CIS:
- CIS 4 for Agilent Technologies 6850/6890/7890 GCs
- CIS 6 for high temperature (650ºC) applications using Agilent Technologies 6850/6890/7890 GCs
- CIS 3 for HP 5890 GC as well as for all other types of GCs
Main Features and Advantages
- Universal inlet - Seven modes of injection
- Peltier or LN2 cooling
- Eliminates thermal discrimination
- Reduces decomposition of thermally labile compounds
- Lowers detection limits
- Can be used as an extremely efficient cold trap