Sales & Application Support Engineer (M/F) GC and GC-MS
The Research Institute for Chromatography (R.I.C.) is helping customers in accelerating their research, in solving complex analytical challenges and increasing laboratory productivity. Our 2 product lines – Agilent Technologies and Gerstel GmbH – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies and solutions.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced researcher to join our team of GC and GC-MS Applications Scientists for the development and support of analytical methods and customized solutions.
- You develop and support analytical methods and customized solutions
- You provide application support, perform demonstrations, program and implement methods
- Together with the sales and marketing team, you analyze the needs of customers, give your input on the feasibility of the request and contribute to the configuration of a suitable solution, based on the Agilent GC and GC-MS range and the Gerstel Sample preparation robots.
- You provide training of the instrumentation at customer sites in Belgium, Luxemburg and France.
- You write application notes
- You develop business and scientific relationships with customers in the field of GC, GC-MS and sample preparation systems.
- You collaborate with the technical service team to ensure a complete support to the customers.
- Your customers includes universities, research centers and industrial laboratories in a broad range of application areas, such as chemistry, petro-chemistry, food, flavors and natural products, polymer sciences, toxicology and environmental chemistry.
- You report directly to the Teamleader Sales & Application Support.
- You are customer minded and a good verbal and non-verbal communicator
- You are a team player with a positive drive and eager to learn
- You have a good understanding of GC and GC-MS and knowledge of sample preparation methods.
- You have experience in the development of analytical methods.
- You have a broad interest in technology development, attention to quality and detail and a team oriented attitude.
- You will be expected to travel to customers sites
- You are fluent in Dutch (or French) and conversational in English and French (or Dutch)
We are pleased to offer you an opportunity to join our family-owned, innovative company in Kortrijk, Belgium.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you get a challenging job in an environment were even more challenges are for the taking. We are proud of our flexible, progressive and informal working environment with a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your chance to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We commit to support and guide you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions.
Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Does this job interest you? Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.